Nothing works better than Teamwork
(Teamwork and Maturity)
Teamwork, Social and Fairplay has been the ideology of BigD Gaming since its inception, and we seek to uphold this wherever possible.
By joining a BigD Gaming Squad Server, you agree to and are bound to all rules listed on this page.
General values are as follows:
Players may be punished if they are not considered to be displaying Teamwork or Fairplay, regardless of whether they have broken any of the below rules. We all like to have a laugh, and fool around, but not to the detriment of other player's experience.
- At all times Players and Admins are expected to act with integrity and treat each other with respect.
- Listen and obey to the best of your ability Squad Leaders, Commanders, and the Admins at all times.
- The game is not about your K/D or Score. Grabbing assets or snipers and going lone wolf does not exhibit teamwork or maturity.
- Don’t take things too seriously, it’s a game!
1. Squad Creation and Management
2. Communication and VOIP
- No squads are to be created with overly offensive names.
- Squad Leaders are in their right as leader to remove Squad Members who they feel are not adequately following instructions, fulfilling assigned roles, or are generally disruptive to the Squad’s objectives.
- Do not create a squad unless you intend on leading it. (ie you create a squad and disband or hand over leadership)
3. Asset and Emplacement Rules
- Do not spam Text and VOIP channels.
- Do not argue, insult or be a ****
- Squad Leaders are required to communicate via VOIP with a microphone.
- Squad Leaders are free to impose a "microphone required" rule for their squad at their discretion.
- All other players are encouraged to have a working microphone, inability to communicate through in game VOIP or chat may see you kicked by a server admin, at their discretion.
- Mic spam in any channel during game play (i.e music playing) is considered disruptive, and against the rules. This includes the start and end of the round.
- All Squad leaders must be able to communicate and speak English.
- Racist, abusive and hate speech is not tolerated and will result in a ban.
- Swearing is tolerated, but up to a point. Deliberately typing swear words constantly into global or team chat will cop you a ban.
- The word C**t when used in chat or VOIP is bannable on our servers.
4. Using Assets and ‘Claiming’
- When claiming Heavy assets, it is considered a privilege and not a right. If the general consensus is that you are wasting, or being detrimental to the team with your assets, you will be resigned or removed from the server. See Teamwork and Maturity.
The following assets are considered claimable; however exceptions are tolerated if the squad or squad members are in violation of the Asset rules. See Teamwork and Maturity. You can also ask the asset squad politely to borrow a vehicle.
5. Forbidden Tactics and Behaviour
- LIGHT VEHICLES: Vehicles such as Humvees and Technicals are not claimable before round start. However, the vehicle belongs to the squad of the driver whether he is a SL or not. All vehicles must be full before they leave main. If a vehicle is abandoned on the battlefield, then it may be claimed by another squad.
- TANKS: All Main Battle Tanks and Anti-Tank vehicles. This DOES NOT include insurgent technical.
- CAS: Close Air Support, includes Gunships, Reconnaissance Helicopters and Jets.
- MECH INF: Allowed ONE APC or IFV. Mechanised Infantry take priority over APC squads. Multiple MECH INF squads allowed.
- APC/IFV: Claimable AFTER MECH INF has chosen their vehicle.
- TRANS: Includes all transport helicopters. If no TRANS squad exists, or if an admin considers the TRANS squad to be wasting assets, then claimable status is void.
- CROW Humvee and Rocket Aerial Techie are now a claimable asset. You must create an appropriate squad to have priority over these vehicles. The first SL to make this squad has the rights to it. If a squad is using this vehicle before you create your squad, they may finish using it before you can gain access.
- No firing from inside the dome, from any vehicle or mountable emplacement.
Any assets not listed above are on a FIRST COME/FIRST SERVED basis. If an asset is not listed above, ‘Claimable’ status is not enforced. Please ensure that your squad name bears some resemblance to the asset names above.
6. Whitelisted Community Server
- Road killing is allowed ‘within reason’. Single crewing a single vehicle for the sole purpose of vehicular manslaughter is not considered ‘reasonable’.
- Suicide Tactics are forbidden, except for the Insurgent faction.
- At the start of every match, the first neutral Flag/zone for both teams is considered to be a “cease-fire“ zone for the first 10min. As a team/player you must not:
- engage the enemy while travelling to first neutral flag
- Interrupt the capture of the enemy’s first/only capturable flag
- engage the enemy in the capture zone of that flag
- The First Neutral flag/zone can be contested as soon as:
- The flag has been captured by the enemy
- 10min has expired; whichever is the first to occur
- On maps where there are 2 capturable flags from Main, rule 3 - 3.3 does not apply.
- “ Camping or attacking an enemy’s ‘main base’ or ‘Dome of Death’ or ‘uncappable’ flag is strictly forbidden. You must be a minimum of 1 full grid square away at all times.
- Camping a FOB at close quarters for the purpose of its removal, i.e covering SQUAD members whilst they dig it down is allowed. However camping a FOB by yourself and not revealing its location to your team, simply to boost your KDR is not considered teamwork and therefore against our rules.
- Camping a FOB or RALLY from range for the purpose of its removal, i.e covering SQUAD members whilst they overrun it, is allowed. Camping a FOB or RALLY and not revealing its location to your team, simply to boost your KDR is considered poor sportsmanship.
- Building assets IN or CLOSE TO the ‘main base’ or ‘Dome of Death’ is not allowed, and punishments will be handed out accordingly. CLOSE TO is defined as within one grid squares of the base or DoD (NOT keypads).
- Using any form of cheating is forbidden.
- Impersonation of any BigD Squad Admins, Managers, Moderators, Clan Members or other affiliated individuals and groups is forbidden.
- Using any in game glitches for your advantage is forbidden.
- ‘Ghosting’, or reporting your team's location, ticket count or assets to the enemy forbidden.
- Advertising in any form for clans, communities, websites or any other individual/group is forbidden without approval of a Community Manager.
- Any discussion of bans or rules in-game is considered poor etiquette. We encourage users to join us on Discord or the BigD Forums in order to resolve all grievances.
- Any form of Trolling, baiting or stupidity will not be tolerated. See Rule 0. This includes end of round Team killing.
- Deliberate Team-killing is forbidden. Accidents (blue-on-blue) can happen and will be excused on the first occasion. Repeated accidentals will be considered deliberate.
- Strictly no profanity in your in game name. This will see you kicked from the server where you will be given a chance to change it. If an admin deems your name to be inappropriate without profanity, they may also kick you.
- Any unresponsive player sitting idle in the server, may be kicked without warning.
- No firing from prone under water. You may go prone to evade fire, but you CAN NOT return fire.
- No Building FOBS on rooftops unless it has direct access by stairs or ladder.
- Rule 5 .3 is excluded from this server so flag rushing is a valid strategy - Rushing the opposing team’s first neutral flag is NOT ALLOWED, the enemy must get a chance to cap that flag before contact is made.(This rule is excluded for ITC, Conquest and INS Layers.)
- Raise the issue in-game to an admin who is online - do not continually spam or harass an admin.
- If unable to raise an admin in-game, raise an issue in the #need-an-admin text channel by using the notifier @Squad Admin
- Otherwise you can raise the issue via the Support Ticket system @ www.bigdgaming.net under the category ‘Player Report’
- You will not be punished for making a report, unless deliberately spamming or making a false statement
- Avoid retorting to trolls and flamers, this will only make things worse.
When Reporting Staff
- Moderators and Admins are subject to the same rules – if you feel a Moderator or Admin has treated you unfairly or is breaking the rules, please lodge a ‘Admin Feedback’ Support Ticket
- Please don’t make accusations public.
- Please don’t argue with a Moderator or Admin’s instructions at the time.
All infractions will be handled at Game Admin discretion
Possible punishments are:
- verbal/written warnings
- game server kick
- game server ban (temporary and/or permanently removed from server)
- Please review these rules occasionally to ensure you are up to date with them.
- We will do our best to notify the community of any significant rule changes, but ultimately it is your responsibility to know and adhere to these rules.
- Please note rules in grey are currently not enforced, this is subject to change. As we value the feedback of our community we may change our rules at anytime as to ensure better game play for all.
- BigD Gaming reserves the right to protect the integrity of our community, servers, player base & any other service/entity.
- we may remove any individual/group/clan/community/etc from all BigD Squad servers either temporary or permanently.
- See Squad Server Admin Guidelines for more information: Game Server Administration Guidelines | http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7849-game-server-administration-guidelines/
- BigD SQUAD Admins have been empowered to make judgement on whether a server is unbalanced and to either request and/or force a player(s) to switch teams as to improve the game play of the server.
BigD Gaming Senior Admin Team
Amended by Spider/Meaty/Madhouse 08/05/2017