1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussies choosing US West Coast servers over empty BigD

Discussion in 'Squad - Server Information & Feedback' started by doubleDizz, Jul 19, 2016.

1. doubleDizz

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    Hey again. Just an observation I wanted to throw out there.

During evening peak times when there's a full BigD server and the others are empty, I've had to join a US West Coast server, like West Coast Tactical or Bloodbath USA.

When I'm in there, I'm normally teamed up with 2-3 Aussies on my squad.

There's normally 3 squads on my side, so double that for both sides; there might be 12-18 other Aussies on there as well. And that's just the US one I'm on.

Is there anything that can be done to incentivise players onto the empty BigD servers?

Can anything be done with point accumulation on the servers, maybe like a profile/forum card showing KDR, Total Points, AVG. Points? Does Squad servers offer metadata like Total Revives, Successful Flags Taken/Saved, etc...?

Dan likes this.
  2. -Gothic-

Squad Admin Donator

Media:
    Local Time:
    The first thing you could try is seeding one of the other BigD servers. As far as statistics go, this is a dev issue and they are looking at implementing it.

3. Madhouse

Head Admin Donator

Media:
    Local Time:
    Its an age old problem for any relative small Australian player base - heck we suffered the same issue here in the last couple years with Project Reality - people don't want to seed even when with a little bit of effort you can pop up a server in no time.

A solution is for regular community members in conjunction with an ingame admin or two to chat on teamspeak, and all get on a second BigD server together and seed - with the admins help, the current map can be changed to a smaller one to start with. It all comes down to communication and co-ordination of the community.

Squad utilizes the Steam API which in theory would give you all the information the server can provide. Currently there is no official or community plugin to capture that information and save it. This is a feature I would love to build into our website a long with our very own server browser interface.

4. Spono

Senior Admin Donator

Media:
    Local Time:
    5:05 AM
    Yip someone has to bite the bullet so to speak, certainly one the benefits of joining us on TS :)

5. doubleDizz

Local Time:
    #5 doubleDizz, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    I've been on TS in the past, but its' been hectic. So much talking I couldn't follow everything.

Also these days I am in and out like a guerilla fighter. I get about enough time for 1 round each day then I have to log. To misquote Jesse Ventura...

[​IMG]

EDIT: Pretty disappointed no one appreciated this :/

6. doubleDizz

Local Time:
    So I seeded the less populated server last night...

Server #3 was full and there was 4 people in #1, so I asked BigAzza who was in #3 to see if admins could seed the other server (he wants a BigD stubby holder for his altruism).

The server #3 round ended and #1 went from 4 to 22, so it worked well. I think during that round it got up to maybe 30? Start of the next game the server dropped to 20 and the next game after that, it dropped down to 7, with 6-8 people from the same side all bailing back to the larger server.

I saw this happening pretty early on and checked the server list; there was 5 spots left in server #3 and 7 of us still in server #1. Me and a mate D/C'd to get into the full server before it filled up again. I saw one of the guys from #1 join #3 about 20 minutes later.

So there you go, I tried seeding a server. It lasted 2 rounds then it collapsed back to the status quo... wouldn't really consider that a victory.