1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat Sims Int presents: Flashpoint:Operation Redstone

Discussion in 'Off Topic & Current Issues Discussion' started by AllYourBase11, Jul 18, 2013.

1. AllYourBase11

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    Operation Redstone is a nonstop, hardcore Laser Combat Simulation event held over the October long weekend in Brisbane, Australia.

Presented by Combat Simulations International, in association with Logan Laser Skirmish, it represents the pinnacle of this sport in Australia. Held annually, these events draw anywhere between 40-80 players from around the country.

Once you step onto the field, for the next 2 days you will eat, sleep and fight side by side with your teammates. You will use teamwork, tactics and individual skills to overcome the enemy, and complete your objectives.

A variety of objective types, terrain and enemy forces will always keep you guessing. You will be required to outthink, outfight, and outflank the enemy. You will be sore. You will be dirty. You will be exhausted.

And you will be begging for more.

We use state-of-the-art equipment, realistic gear, and real-life tactics and team structure. This is the closest you will get to the real thing, without the bullets.

This ain't your daddy's laser skirmish.

For any questions, please visit our forums here: viewforum.php?f=128

Alternatively, send us an email at flashpoint@combatsimsint.com

2. AllYourBase11

Local Time:
    Re: Combat Sims Int presents: Flashpoint:Operation Redstone

SITUATION: SOBOR, ENUNION - Sobor is a small town in the mountainous Southern region of Enunion. Until recently, the area was a heavily defended supply and logistics outpost for the Stormian Task Group, or STG. In the last few weeks, the STG have moved the majority of troops closer to the frontlines of the conflict, replacing them with Private Military Contractors to hold and protect the almost empty bases and infrastructure.

The discovery of mineral deposits in the area by foreign mining interests has piqued the interest of the New Holland Defense Force, or NHDF. The New Holland government has expressed a desire to claim this part of Enunion for itself, in order to exploit the region for its resources once the conflict is over. STG intelligence sources claim to have confirmed the presence of an NHDF Special Forces Task Group in the area, but thus far, they have remained undetected.

MISSION: Seize and hold key strategic locations to ensure economic/military and political dominance of the region

EXECUTION: Complete objectives as assigned by Command, in an attempt to hold onto vital resources. Keep enemy forces at bay with aggressive, consistent patrolling, focusing on expanding area of influence. Seize and hold key features and objectives.

WHEN: Operation to commence 05 OCT 13, and to be completed 07 OCT 13. Further timings to follow.

WHERE: SE QLD region, within 2 hours drive of Brisbane

Further logistics to be announced.

COMMS: Further correspondence or questions to be directed to flashpoint@combatsimsint.com

3. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

Sorry to spam - just copying text from our website.

For the uninitiated, I am part of a community called Combat Simulations International - we play hardcore Laser Skirmish every month in Brissy. We're the HQ element, but very similar groups play in Vic (VLSA) and SA as well.

We take it pretty seriously - full kit, patrolling, awesome contacts etc. Real-life PR, essentially.

There's about about 30-40 regular players for our monthly deployments, and anywhere from 50-80 for our annual events - see above. Literally 80% of our oriniginal recruitment was from BigD: Myself, Delta, Rhodesy, Smoov, Kushluk, bkt, Gunner, Segmentor, plus a few others I forget.

In any case, if you're in Brisbane, and interested, we have a game on Saturday (20th July). Come visit us at www.combasimsint.com

4. cripple459

MACCAS
    Local Time:

Sounds like a blast. Wouldn't mind giving this ago later unfortunately school comes first :( but are you guys still recruiting?

5. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

If by "recruiting", you mean "always happy to welcome new people", then yes :)

Are you in Brissy? This Saturday's game will run from 1130 till 1730 - it won't affect them there schoolins

6. cripple459

MACCAS
    Local Time:

I am indeed in Brisbane resident. I have my old DPCUs and chest rigging I think I still have, as well as a ghillie suit somewhere around the house. Unfortunately I'm working in the morning so I would miss deployment. One question I have where do you get your weaponry.

7. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

We hire it to begin with - we operate in conjunction with Logan Laser Skirmish, so we hire gats as needed. But the electronics are for sale, and there are several talented builders in the community, so people usually build their own gats soon enough

8. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

You will be at the August deployment then - 17th. Sign up at the forums and we'll make sure you have all the info you need

9. cripple459

MACCAS
    Local Time:

I'll have a look then.
    I haven't been on a bivouac in a while so don't mind running around the bush for awhile but one more question I'm 17 still but turning 18 in October would this be a problem or should I wait awhile

10. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

its fine mate, technically its 18+ but it'll be fine

11. Xavo

Learning
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

Tempted to come along to one of the smaller ones first.

Zero gear and zero money though.

12. AllYourBase11

Local Time:

Dude its $35 for 6 hours of entertainment. All you need is covered shoes and dark coloured pants and long sleeved shirt, or hire a camo jumpsuit for $5. Whats doin on saturday?

13. Rhodesy_77

Student
    Local Time:

I wholeheartedly endorse this event or product.