1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with SQUAD.exe in task manager

Discussion in 'Squad - Server Information & Feedback' started by SprinterOz, Jul 4, 2016.

1. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    #1 SprinterOz, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Having problems with SQUAD.exe in task manager

SQUAD.exe fail Not Responding right, you can see the problem in Task Manager.

Also bad frame rate.

Hardware: AMD Opteron 6200 series 2x16 core CPU's = 32 cores - 1600fsb DDR3 ram 32GB - ASUS R9 390 8GB RAM, PCIe 2.0
    Software: Windows 10

Have tried many different setting from low to epic but does not change the way the game performs Much.

My system plays all other games fine Battlefield4, is 60 to 200 fps the new DOOM Demo runs smooth as on my system just seems to be this game :(

Please play clip in HD and look at SQUAD.exe and you will see it flash from running to not responding all the time???

EDIT: Also like to know if there is going to be a x86 32bit launcher for SQUAD.exe

AintWarHeLL(hehe) likes this.
  2. Steez

Steez Guest

Local Time:
    6:39 PM
    The not responding is just squad timing out and misbehaving. Likely due to your amd configuration (mainly CPU) and the fact that its an unoptimised alpha build.

Squad is using the unreal 4 engine which doesn't play well with amd cpu's as it is currently. Next version is meant to help I think.

Apart from being patient, the only other thing you can try is delete your config files as mentioned in this post.

How to Reset Game Settings / Resolution / Controls to Default Can solve many settings related issues. (Stutter, bad lighting etc) | https://m.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4lkxdd/how_to_reset_game_settings_resolution_controls_to/

I do this after every update. Or you could delete the whole lot and redownload the game. May work, may not.

Hope that helps bud.

Filthy Crab and SprinterOz like this.
  3. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    Thanks for your reply, I just tried what you said and now it will not load at all :(

[​IMG]

Back to the drawingboard.....

Ash Ketchun All likes this.
  4. Steez

Steez Guest

Local Time:
    Verify your cache man. It should recreate the files you deleted as the default settings

SprinterOz likes this.
  5. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    Thanks, Steez I did find a error but steam did not fix it so I am redownloading the game, another 2 hours of waiting. I can not wait for my 50/20 fixed wireless connection to be hooked up.

6. AintWarHeLL(hehe)

Donator

Media:
    Unemployed Bum :)
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    yes alpha builds are fun not :) every time I want to run squad I got to delete my squad/saved/config/windowsnoeditor/GameUserSettings other wise it will not run :( and I got to turn radio filter off or I get no squad chat.

SprinterOz likes this.
  7. Steez

Steez Guest

Local Time:
    Haha that sucks. At least you will have tried everything and know whether there is a fix or if you just have to wait it out.

Only other thing worth mentioning is make sure your amd drivers are up to date. I'm on the blue and green team so not sure if there are unreal related fixes in the latest catalyst drivers (or whatever they are called these days).

Man that's ****.. Radio filter is the best immersion wise.

SprinterOz likes this.
  8. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    #8 SprinterOz, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

*But the game Still Fails when I try to start it.

*Cool you have the game already did not know that ;)

*Yeah I will look into that to see if AMD has a fix for the engine. ;)

I have done a full uninstall of the game reg files, save folders, and all that hidden stuff. I have a program that in times like this when you have a app and its hard to uninstall, ALLl files with a standard uninstaller, I use IObit Uninstaller, Best Uninstall Tool for Your PC - IObit | http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php and the best thing its FREE.

I have not finished yet I will redownload the game, and then reinstall it, it will be like SQUAD had never been installed on this system before.

Also if I get it running I will make a RAM drive and run the game from there, will be faster then any SSD drive out there, as I have 32GB DDR3 Ram and the game is only 12GB in size at the moment.

Steez likes this.
  9. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    #9 SprinterOz, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Well its 3am in the morning now, and I have been playing around a bit with setting a lot. I also updated AMD drivers to 16.3.2 and did get some improvement about 10 fps higher, but when I stop moving my game drops to 1 fps and lags for a sec i can not hone in on my sights to take a shot I have to shoot on the run very hard???.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTvndU7Drik

Also got a memory error after the first time I run SQUAD

[​IMG]

Here are the back end AMD settings as well.

[​IMG]

10. Steez

Steez Guest

Local Time:
    Well that error message is perfectly normal. I get that all the time on every second close of squad.

The stutter and frame drop when stopped I have no idea about.. That is very strange. Your settings look fine.
    Sound settings on low in game?
    Maybe drop your frame rate limit to 60-80 but I doubt that will help.

I honestly don't know mate.. that's fucked up.

SprinterOz likes this.
  11. ACC1

Media:
    Local Time:
    I recently started getting the same problem after the last update, Never had it previously. And this problem isn't only happening with AMD, I do NOT have AMD.

I couldn't play at all, I would get frame lock up and initially was pissed thinking I had a hardware issue, but thankfully I found its just Squad being stupid :)

There are a number of threads about this at the Squad forums,

I deleted the saved folder that contains saved game settings, No real difference, changed settings back to what I initially had.

The fix for me I found, was changing just 1 setting, from border-less to full-screen mode, This has almost removed the problem completely, still happens but very very rarely.

Its a little more pain when alt-tabbing with dual screens, but for now at least I can play the game again, It looks like you have 2 screens and maybe in border-less too? If you are, try changing it and see if its any better..?

SprinterOz and Steez like this.
  12. AintWarHeLL(hehe)

Donator

Media:
    Unemployed Bum :)
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    yes I run 3 screens. maybe that s what the problem is? who else runs mutual screens and has no problem running squad?

[​IMG]

13. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    I'm only running 1 screen from my GPU.

14. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    #14 SprinterOz, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Ok I bit the bullet and brought 2 new cpu's I have upgraded from my 6272 2.1gb to 6282 se 2.6 but my 2.6 runs in turbo under 8 cores at 3.3gb, so because I have 2 cpus that 16 core at 3.3gb... more on the cpu spec here if you would like to have a look. AMD Opteron 6272 vs 6282 SE | http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/764/AMD_Opteron_6200_series_6272_vs_AMD_Opteron_6200_series_6282_SE.html#specs

Now I have also setup the game to run from DDR3 1600fsb RAM drive created 12GB in size.... I now get about 7 to 60 FPS in game online in BIGD server and now I can almost shoot people with the game settings on epic lol.
    Steady FPS rate 20 to 44fps

[​IMG]

Edit: here is my full system specs CPU-Z VALIDATOR | http://valid.x86.fr/nzj42w turns out under the test that cpu-z did it only hit 3.0ghz so the multi-core test was working over the hole 32 cores.

AintWarHeLL(hehe) likes this.
  15. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    Wel,l I think I know what the problem is with the not responding in the task manager stats. I believe the game is failing in the multi-threading side of the programming as my CPU is faster than a i7-6700 4.0Ghz in multi-threading by 16% but different story in single core mode as the i7 is 2/3rds faster per core than mine. Basically, if the mulit-threading was being done in smaller blocks of primes the game would run faster on my system.

[​IMG]

Multi-Threading: How to Create Threads in UE4
    Multi-Threading: How to Create Threads in UE4 - Epic Wiki | https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Multi-Threading:_How_to_Create_Threads_in_UE4#Video

16. Steez

Steez Guest

Local Time:
    Maybe, but I bet if anyone of us were to open up task manager while in game it would show moments of nonresponsiveness as it tried to load maps etc. because its alpha and its error handling probably isnt up to scratch.

Maybe someone with more knowledge could enlighten us?

You are right though, and that's the problem with AMD CPUs until games with good multicore support get more common.

SprinterOz likes this.
  17. SprinterOz

Local Time:
    #17 SprinterOz, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    I found this to be good to look over. They say it's because AMD poor sound driver basically from what I can gather.
    AMD CPU very low performance because IXAudio2SourceVoice::DestroyVoice - UE4 AnswerHub | https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/241358/amd-cpu-very-low-performance-because-ixaudio2sourc.html

Edit: I have also just fully overclocked and locked all 32 cores to 3.3Ghz

Before Overclock

[​IMG]

After overclock
    [​IMG]

More info on my system here: CPU-Z VALIDATOR | http://valid.x86.fr/bf2ilu