1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[May 18] UDS Standardisation/Induction course

Discussion in 'ARMA Series - Events' started by Diabolical, May 8, 2017.

UDS Standardisation/Induction course
Posted By Diabolical

BigD ArmA3 sever
Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:30 PM
(ends Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:30 PM)
Timezone: Australia/Brisbane

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Australia/Brisbane

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Diabolical

Donator Arma Admin

Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    Hi Fella's
    Sorry this has taken so long but after a **** tone work were finally at a point were we can start bringing in some more people.
    So this will be exactly what the title entails to get people upto speed with the way we do things and also using some of the mods like TFAR and ACE.
    I know this sounds like training but try to see it as a way to prevent 8 hour long missions because of questions ;)

So there will be a few things you will need obviously.

1. The mod set So, we have decided to use the base A3 launcher to organise mods etc, this decision was made for ease of use and steam DL speeds.
      On that note you'll need to add me on Steam to gain access to some of the content (Because I have the mods I'am creating set to private while we test them). https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058510706/
      So once you have me on your friends list DL this xml https://mega.nz/#!p50AiIYK!BTAd_tc2J5BVrmwm-yz9shhyhrJ1kN0NOkRYfLImE9o
      Once you have it, Open your ArmA3 Launcher, and click on mods tab on the right, then drag the XML file onto the launcher and watch it DL
      Happy days. (quite a download btw)

2. TS and Server stuff So, to quickly go over the one thing you need todo to get TFAR (task force arrowhead radio) working
      you'll need to install the plugin, so go to your ArmA 3 steam directory (usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3)
      and find the !Workshop folder (If you cannot see it you'll need to make all folder visible for your A3 directory) once you've done that
      find the @task_force_radio mod, open it and then open the teamspeak folder and you should see a task_force_radio_3.1Compat teamspeak addon.
      Make sure you dont have TS open and run the compat file and your done.

Now for some server and ts details

TEAMSPEAK: ts3.bigdgaming.net PW: warman
      SERVER: BigD ArmA3 sever PW: warman
      DIRECT: 43.245.161.210 :2302
    Just a few other things
    We will be holding COOPS every Tuesday night at 7:30pm AEST but you will need to attend one of these standardisation courses before attending
    We will also be promoting multi clanning and I can personally setup a clan specific XML so you can have your patches in-game pertaining to your unit (looks cool)

If you have any questions please catch either UDS Splints, UDS Holzy or myself on here or discord, we are more than happy to help.
    please RSVP so we can sort numbers to guys
    Cheers Diabolical

Entrippy, GreenMan and Splints like this.