1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other squads sabotaging FOBs and admin inaction

Discussion in 'Squad - General Discussion' started by Doghead, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doghead

Local Time:
    8:37 AM
    I was playing a game of Invasion on Al Basrah as Insurgents as squad leader, with my squad building a FOB and mortars on Mansion. I had an admin in my squad for the start of the round and he said there was nothing wrong with what I was doing (not that I need an admin to tell me that defending one of our own points is acceptable). Towards the end of the round Emperor_Trump, another squad leader, decided to piss and moan about how we were playing and started digging up the FOB and assets that were on Mansion, other players also said we were camping main, which we were not. ADMIN_DaveClease was made aware of this and did absolutely nothing, because he also believed that defending capture points when you're the defensive team is somehow against the spirit of the game. I specifically asked him and his squad to stop, and they were clearly digging up assets because they were upset.
    I'm sure there are people who will read this and get shitty at my tactics, but I don't really care, they're not against the rules and we won the game with triple the points of the rest of the squads.
    If it's against the rules to defend points then please make sure all your admins are on board so I don't get the wrong impression at the start of the round.

2. DaveCleasc

Squad Admin Event Officer Media Officer RS2 Vietnam Admin Donator

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    Firstly, when multiple people were complaining in All Chat, I made it very clear that what you and your squad were doing was not against any server rules so no action would be taken.
    But I did voice my opinion on the issue and stated something along the lines of "setting up rear fire bases is within the allowed tactics of the game, but having such a large force there was not helpful to the rest of the team".
    It was around this time that there was a mass team killing spree that needed dealing with. As such I clearly missed your attempts to make me aware that team mates were digging up friendly assets.
    If I was aware, I would have attempted to stop it immediately. But you need to acknowledge that a large portion of people felt you were not being a team player. Which is not in line with the key philosophy of Squad and one of the primary reasons why many of us love this game so much. I hope you take this on board for future games.

Something I did notice afterwards when making reports on the mass team killings, was that you were also guilty of team killing Emperor_Trump. The exact circumstance are not clear but it sounds likely you retaliated because of his attempts to remove your assets. Whilst I don't condone Emperor_Trump's actions, it is you that were in breach of the server rules. Retaliation team killings for any reason are a severe infraction, so please refrain from taking matters into your own hands next time.

If you are unhappy with my response then I urge you take the matter up with the community moderators and senior staff by raising a support ticket here on the website.

3. Spider

Community Moderator Squad Admin

i do a thing, when you need a thing
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:37 AM
    Thank you for your time and welcome to the BigD forums Doghead - I believe Dave has covered the issue you raised - don't be a stranger tho - jump on to discord with the community.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers | http://discord.bigdgaming.net

closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.