• Reserved Player Slot access on BigD Squad servers for 30 days
    • Must have your Steam profile associated to your BigD Web account HERE
    Discord Role
    • Donator role colour on BigD Discord server
    • Must have your Discord profile associated to your BigD Web account HERE

To donate towards the community, please visit the donation page HERE

9th Paintball!

Jan 30, 2007
House, Aus , Miki* Houses mrs*, Canadian, Sarah *Canadians mrs* and Sapper.

Durring the day all up at the palce we had 40 people, but we ended up fighting 20.
Those 20= Unknown.
I know there should be more pics combat pics, but I couldnt take my camera out cause dad didnt want it getting stuffed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 23, 2007
Melbourne
PAIN !!!
Hard to walk, thigh muscles so sore, ankle tender.
PAIN
Stomach muscles.
PAIN
Hands
Bruises, about dozen nice round balck and red marks. A beauty on th elbow where Sniper got me before I got him on the final round of the day.

It hurts EVERYWHERE.....but jeez it was fun.

That would be cool smoke.
Most of the time during the games I didn't even know where the opposition was. :)
Had tons of fun though.

I know this is sacrilege in Aussie's eyes but I enjoyed speedball the most.

Jan 30, 2007
Lol House, as long as you enjoyed it that's all I care about.
Hope ya got your moneys worth :D
My thighs are hurting to but oh well Soldier on!
That Speedball was nutts I still had 1 round in the Hopper and it wouldnt go down, peice of crap!

ps House: I was the one that shot you in the back when you were walking to our base * camo* lol and u jumped :D

PAIN !!!
Hard to walk, thigh muscles so sore, ankle tender.
PAIN
Stomach muscles.
PAIN
Hands
Bruises, about dozen nice round balck and red marks. A beauty on th elbow where Sniper got me before I got him on the final round of the day.

It hurts EVERYWHERE.....but jeez it was fun.
Yeah is amazing how fast you can run when those balls are flying at you though eh sapper :). Even us old guys were moving pretty well when we had to.

It was great fun although I had no idea what I was doing. :)

I think it might have been better if they started with speedball though. It was in the last game that I really came to terms with the marker. I also learnt that if you move quickly enough, and zig zag a bit they have a hard time hitting you.

The knee pads were also an excellent idea. I could really dive without worrying about hurting myself. Even tried a little powerslide on the last game.

Miki had an excellent time she and the Presidente' from the assasin squad scenario bunkered some poor guy. Also her screaming centre charge at the "white house". Apparently got a bit of respect from the refs. I remember Aussie and i saying to each other "better them than us" while we hid like cowards :)

As for me I kept getting shot by the women on the other side apparently. :) There certainly no advantage to being male in this game either. It took quite a while for most of the ladies to be eliminated.

One thing we did miss out on was an ambush scenario which i was kind of looking forward to. If I was to go again there woudl be one thing I would buy A MASK. For the most part I couldn't see that much through the rental goggles and during the search and destroy mission they fogged up pretty badly.

But boy is this a great game. I made a lot of mistakes but even getting shot at was a lot of fun. Diving for cover seeing balls flying overhead crawling for better cover. Great Fun and we will be doing it again...

Mar 25, 2007
Girls are very aggressive in this game! My girlfriend kept volunteering to charge in up the middle with yours dog, while we *men* flanked the enemy. Inwardly I was thinking they where either brave or stupid, as much as I love paintball getting shot sucks.

Girls have the advantage of a chest protector, the advantage is that when you shoot them in centre mass the balls don't break. By the end of the day I purposfully aimed at arms legs and heads. Unfortunately I bruised the side of one girls face when I hit her mask. At least we where even she shot me earlier in the hand which stings a bit.

Speedball was fun as hell and very chaotic with the added bonus of getting to shoot up my partner!

I've already asked the gf if we can have a savings fund so I can go again in a couple of months. She said I'm not allowed to go without her though as it's not fair that she miss out on so much fun. This is good and bad, it's cheaper with one person but how often do you get a gf who get's you up in the morning to go to the skatepark together and likes paintball.

Now if only she was into girls and would let me watch I'd be set!

That disposable camera is in the lab right now and I've had them put them on disk also so you will all get to see some paintball action as I played combat photographer a few times when I was dead.

Good times!

Mar 25, 2007
....and next time will definately be wearing gloves. Had at least 4 hits to the hands !!!

Loved the search and destroy the most.

Dude we rocked that round, me and Sapper did a sweaping route flushing out baddies and giving eachother excellent support.

Jan 30, 2007
LoL me hiding pffffff :D I was the one on point 99% of the time! lol
That president mission is a slaughter for the charging team, telling ya its a LITTLE crap! :) just call in a airstrike on the damn hole lol :D

That Patrol/ambush aww my favourite! big time except grr I'm going to make sure I have air next time!
Next time I expect everyone to bloody yell out where charlie is as well! lol I was the only one yelling out where they were half the time ya nubs lol!

Yeah you did cop it a bit :). For $15 i think its worth it. I only got one on the side of the wrist which didn't hurt too much. But getting one on the knuckles, not nice :).
We might check out Ballan next time. I might need a few months to save up for it though. I did go a bit crazy on the paint. a lot of my shots just exploded in the bushes in front of me and a lot were pretty blind. I now realise this is a pretty bad and exy way of playing. :). Definately would buy a pair of goggles before the next one too. The ones I used were pretty poor. I would probably bring my own cleaner too.

was the only one yelling out where they were half the time ya nubs lol!
On defence in the search/destroy my goggle fully fogged up. I couldn't see the tip of my gun then everything went green. :lol:

I think one way of spotting would be to mark the tree that the enemy was hiding behind. Interestingly I have read that this was the original purpose of these markers - to mark trees for chopping down.

I think if you call out enemy put 2-3 rounds fairly high up on the tree nearest to them and call out the colour of your paint, maybe this will work???

Jul 23, 2007
Melbourne
Some of those masks sure were "well used" to put it nicely...
The 700 round package worked well for newby me, but thats only because I got knocked out early in two rounds without firing a shot !! 1000 rounds is the go for sure.

Sh!t that was a fun day...can't stop thinking about it. Better go do some work.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$585.00
Goal
AU$500.00