FOB/HAB TACTICTS

austrooper

Donator
May 28, 2010
Sydney
Games
SQUAD, Battlefield
Hi All,

I just had one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had in the many years playing on BigD.

I'm guessing it was an admin, "[69th] Big_daddy_Jarry" was abusing me in-game and threatening to kick me because I wasn't playing the points as "he commanded".

I didn't know admins were allowed to control gameplay with the threat of kicks. (I understand if it's breaking the rules albeit this was not the case)

I have been playing PR/Squad for a while and I have my own sense of what works. Am I supposed to follow some sort of mantra that I am unaware of?

I have attached a screenshot of my thinking/strategy that I was implementing for the round.

I have been an admin on BigD in the past and have played on many other servers and in my view, the best servers are the ones that view their members as customers. If you think I am playing wrong, offer to coach me, be nice don't be an AH. (I'm not).

All in all its a game, if I was a new player copping the type of abuse like I received it would not fair well for building a strong community.

Thanks

Attachments

Ford_Jam

Community Moderator
Squad Admin - Senior
Squad Admin
Donator
pb / Clan
Aug 5, 2009
Hey mate,

A couple of parts to it and you might have seen a number of counter points to the plan in the discord. Having seen that and being ingame, your first HAB which the whole squad went to build was not on point, by the time any members of the squad were on a flag, the team was on the backfoot because they were outnumbered. The second spawn and subsequent plays you made that were on point, defending Hemp Farm, were more positive. I understanding not building them on points however the second HAB you built would have been beneficial earlier or not take the full 9 player squad with you to build and have them walk to the defend flag. Frankly, previously being an admin and previously playing PR doesn't mean you always have good plans. I also played PR too and my gameplans in Squad are shithouse.

Mantra you're supposed to be aware of? I wouldn't use the word mantra, but, ensure you're playing toward active flags SQUAD: Server Rules | https://www.bigdgaming.net/squad/server-rules/ Admins are certainly able to warn and remove players from the game who are not doing this.

I don't want to get into the he said, they said, here. From what I understood, other spawn locations were suggested to you.

Admin specific feedback, feel free to flick it here SQUAD Support | https://www.bigdgaming.net/squad/support/

Cheers

FJ

austrooper

Donator
May 28, 2010
Sydney
Games
SQUAD, Battlefield
@Ford_Jam Yes I understand, and I take your point. I am still learning Squad. Trust me I am well aware of how an average of a player I am.

It's hard when you are trying to play to the best of your ability and you have someone in your ear saying I will kick you. I was a bit put off by the threats in-game.

Thanks for the feedback.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$50.00
Goal
AU$250.00

Hell Let Loose Server

Total amount
AU$70.00
Goal
AU$135.00