Latest purchase!

Superlux 681 evo 40$ ebay (+ 20$ postage from New York)

My old headset finally gave in, so I went looking for a new one and this time made sure not to fall into the temptation of a 'gaming headset'. At first I trawled the old threads on here,
someone suggested the audio technica AD700's. I few googles later and apparently the Samson SR850's had better sound for much cheaper, which then led me to the superlux.

Fantastic audio quality, super comfortable too.

Mar 11, 2007
Perth
Finally ..... (yes, shut up you lot.. ;) ) replaced my beaten and bashed up headset....no more snap crackle or pop when I speak lol..

Razer Kraken 7.1 USB Professional Gaming Headset

Oct 29, 2011

bought myself a bunch peripherals for chrissy!
Too bad i have no time to play PR these days :(

Also bought tickets to NY for a trip in Jan, should be good. the gf is heading over to study for a year, figured i might join. I will defs play a round on PRTA or HOG, gotta get that juicy sub 50 ping..

Mar 28, 2008
Perth, WA
The wife tried some 'jihad jeeping' IRL a few weeks back but forgot to press E, so as a result the old Focus was written off. Bought a 2011 X-Trail ST as a replacement in supper stealth black :)

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
haha nice, hope she wasn't hurt!
My Nissan is still going strong, nearly 228,000kms on the clock!

I guess my latest purchase is the lease to a house with 2 other mates. One of the guys got the keys today and I move in next week yewww

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
Yeah, she's okay, has a bit of whiplash but other than that she's all good.
Ah that's good to hear then.
Still no bloody internet in the new house, TPG are taking their sweet time. My latest purchases is several hundred bucks of 2nd hand furniture and whitegoods. Still a bit more to get as well :(

Oct 29, 2011
Ohh I'm going to Europe soon to do some trekking, wasn't going to bother getting walking boots.. Worth it?

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
Time will tell, I picked them up this arvo. Can't remember if you're in Bris, but Globe Trekker in West End is a sick shop!
These were $220, and I need them cause my old boots (Original SWAT 9" Classic) have just about fallen apart completely. I'm doing a large field trip in Isa in July, so I got them now to wear them in before I get there.

But putting these on first, they felt good. Then I tried 3 other pairs of boots (Salomans and some others) and then I tried these again and it's like I'm not wearing anything but there's heaps of ankle support.
They're supposed to be fully waterproof as well. My mate is a tour guide in Nepal and around there, and he's got the same pair and raves about them. The bloke in the shop also said they're popular with military guys.

I also got some gaiters to protect my shins a bit from the spear grass. Still got a ton of stuff to get before I leave, magnetic pen, write in the rain notepad, etc.

Hey!Yak, try get a DANNER boot from amazon probly $160ish USD those boots are durable and comfy got decent reviews from what I see. Ill wait and grab one pair until price goes down a bit
Just in case your interested heer is the link: Amazon.com: Danner Men's 453 GTX Outdoor Backpacking Boot: Shoes
Also available for different colors and upper materials
Yup forgot to say shopping online particular for shoes, sizing is a big problem since you never know it will fit or not until it arrive your frontdoor. Just keep that in mind. Hope you got yourself a nice hiking boot!:)

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
Yup forgot to say shopping online particular for shoes, sizing is a big problem since you never know it will fit or not until it arrive your frontdoor. Just keep that in mind. Hope you got yourself a nice hiking boot!:)
That's my big concern with buying boots online, and why I decided to go to the shop. I was going to order the exact same pair I had, but the size had worn off the tongue and I didn't really want to risk it on a $200 purchase.
Also, from what I can see - after shipping - I wouldn't have saved much at all buying my pair online.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$441.00
Goal
AU$400.00