Mic going silent (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Just recently been back playing PR and my darned mic has started going silent on me again. It's a standard analog headphone/mic combo and same problem with 2 different models so pretty sure it aint the hardware.

I recall having this problem years ago but I don't remember how to solve it? Using onboard audio, the mic is not muted (and works perfectly in the BF2 mic test), lights up the "PTT" icon in-game, people just cannot hear me. Volumes are all adjusted, tried mic-boost on and off but buggered if I can remember where to fix it!

FWIW, absolutely no changes to the hardware or software from the last time I played 3 months ago when it was working perfectly...

Any ideas?

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
Try going in game, press and hold tab then go to the last tab with the list of names and the little box. That box should light up whenever someone talks. Find yours and mash the box for ages and it should work... But it sounds like you're suffering a different problem.

Give that a go and see what happens though.

Madhouse

Head Community Manager
[xD] Clan
Donator
Jun 23, 2007
Is it plugged in?

since I moved to Windows7
i had to set the mic threshold to 0 ,run the mic test keep playing with it until it worked. in the PR audio settings.

as no one could here me.

look out for these little setting

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 28, 2008
Perth, WA
last issue i had with my mic in BF2/PR was ages ago with a RealTek audio codec. cant recall the solution as it was something rather obscure (also about an hour of trolling the threads didn't illicit a response, was sure i'd posted about it here... i know there is a thread on Whirlpool somewhere about it), like disabling Line-In, changing the sound setting from Digital Inputs to Analogue Inputs

Apr 9, 2007
Behind you knife out
Think he was sighing at the suggestion he hadn't checked that yet

@Madhouse you should work in I.T support, you ask the right questions ;)

Mar 11, 2007
Perth
War gets Rep, CSJ,McD and Madhouse all get a sigh............

;)
Bammo gets some too, just because hes the only person I have met that has rocked up with a Ute load of guns.

May 9, 2008
and Shady!!
Just for bumping a thread that's already finished!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 11, 2007
Perth
You seriously thought carefully about that reply ?.

Reason: And how did that work out for you ?. (think carefully about what you do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$120.00
Goal
AU$400.00