Military thread

Sgt-JoeKickAss

Donator
Mar 5, 2011
Brisbane
www.youtube.com
Have seen them buzzing around occasionally.
They actually seem a bit quieter than the rescue/medical helicopters that fly into the Wesley - as in two blackhawks are only slightly louder than a single rescue chopper.
Could be becuase they are moving fast and low. Being lower to the ground masks the noise a bit more. The medical choppers normally come in slow and high becuase of the patients on board.

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
I retract my quiet statement Joe.

Sunday night, about 1am there were a couple circling just above St Lucia that managed to wake me up (and I swore I'd be able to sleep through WW3). Had another one fly directly over my building just then.
Pretty annoying, need a bit of peace and quiet at the moment...

poosloth

Donator
Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
They have been flying around about 1am on friday night very low without their lights on. Taking off from the airport and going around the northern suburbs. I live on the racetrack at doomben. Don't mind it but the constant howling of the blades so late can be irritating to try and sleep.

Mar 30, 2008
Whitsundays
xavoau.tumblr.com
That's true. But apaches only usually fire in 3 round bursts when engaging inf? I imagine a good gunner could stretch those rounds some way.
I thought it was selective, from 10 to 20 to auto. The computer calculates where the rounds will land, so burst mode is better or something like that.
From the books I've read, it seems they just spam cannon rounds till there's nothing left downstairs.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$262.00
Goal
AU$500.00