Weekly Update #1 !

How are we doing as a gaming community?

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2012
NZ
Hello BigD Community! (Read this pleassssssssse :cool:) Oh and don't be stingy took me 1 hour so reply goddamit!

V8 is fun eh? Still has its issues though as does any alpha game, but man that performance increase is huge and D-licious!

So what are we doing as a community and what happens next? Well first, we will start to have weekly updates for you, either via forum or newsletter format. This will be as often as we can. Remembering we are a small senior team and do this as a hobby and a passion, so if we make mistakes or you feel we are missing something let us know, but don't beat us down! we have feelings :rolleyes:

First of all, I can understand some players frustrations when it comes to slots (not being able to get on one of our servers) and map changes (playing the same faction or map a couple times in a row) etc, just know that we (those "senior" guys again) do our gosh-dangdest to bring the best overall experience possible.

We have solutions for these things and are working to improve on them everyday! For example we have launched the Community only AAS to ensure all players who have their steam account linked with their forum account can enjoy the benefits of playing on a server without them blooming pubbers! Thanks Super dad Madhouse for the coding. This is currently BigD #3 and will be seeding it every night. I want this to be the primary server for the community but requires you men to join in and give it a crack. We are also looking at a specific night of the week away from events when we can all just jump on together and mash buttons at the same time.

[ULD]FilthyCrab
and I have spent a multiple hours working out map rotations and the difference in Blufor and Opfor factions when it comes to a map change. This is not as straight forward as it seems, to try and balance the style of map with factions requires some actual thinking :eek:. Gorodok is a bit broken for some reason and can't quite put my finger as to why, although I have put it in this weeks rotation for a trial. "Weekly Rotations you say?" Yup that's right., weekly rotation changes is the goal. Essentially this will mean that every week servers will have their rotations changed, we will also give an opportunity for the community to vote on the rotation they would like to see to each week.

ROTATION EXAMPLE:

We will work on bringing you more frequent information, meanwhile know if something is a certain way it is typically for a certain reason. If you do see something wrong please don't hesitate to ask. We also like constructive feedback.

I am also currently working on:
Recruiting & training more admins, to insure we have admins chilling on every server.
Talking with other communities to collaborate some International competition in way of events.
Organising a community meeting, for everyone to attend (Agenda yet to be announced)
New Units! If you want to start a unit within the community chat to me about it.

Ahh yes, some new rules!
As v8 dropped some things were brought to our attention, so as we progress we need to make amendments to these rules. So please make sure you read them when there is an update, we will inform you all as best we can but is your responsibility to make sure you read, understand and adhere to them.

Some recent rule change examples are:

- No firing from prone under water. You may go prone to evade fire, but you CAN NOT return fire. (Pretty obvious why)
- No building FOBS on rooftops unless it has direct access by stairs or ladder. (This means the FOB Spawn itself and does not include emplacements)

TRIAL RULE - CROW Humvee and Rocket Aerial Techie are now a claimable asset. This means you must create an appropriate squad to have priority over these vehicles i.e (Crow squad or Rocket Techie). The first SL to make this squad has the rights to it. If a squad is using this vehicle before you create your squad, they may finish using it before you can gain rights. (We want to make sure people don't waste these assets as they can be crucial for your teams success, like leaving them in the middle of the battlefield. This way it puts ownest on those who use them to either do so effectively or return them if not. Please be patient and ask nicely if someone has taken an asset you have claimed, remembering they will need to return it to a FOB or Mainbase so others can then claim. It is first come first served basis, who ever makes the Squad first has priority at the start of the round.

Please read all the rules here - Squad Game Server Rules | http://www.bigdgaming.net/squadrules/

EVENTS

Get involved! All are welcome to attend Events and meetings. Meetings themselves are typically on a Wednesday night at 8pm AEDT. If you do want to play in an event, make sure you sign-up as soon as you can and confirm your availability. This helps us prepare the event and makes sure that it runs as smooth as can be.

We have had a few now: Operation Birdwood, Road to Logar, Back to Logar, Kings of Chora, YOLO, Checkmate to name a few... So stay tuned for more an dplease if you play give us feedback so we can bring you a more polished experience!

ADMINS
Again we are recruiting admins, so if you have got 300+ Squad hours and feel like you woul make a good admin check out this link:
We are growing our Squad Admin team! | http://www.bigdgaming.net/threads/we-are-growing-our-squad-admin-team.11121/

Current Squad Admin Team - THANKS TO ALL THESE MEN AND WHAT THEY DOOOOOO!~

Madhouse
Spono
Gothic
AussieSASRSniper
Filthycrab
Steez
ACC1
AussieFirebird
Meatbombtest
Wobbie
Poosloth
THEKING
Greene
Hatton1
DrVonSextron
Dubs

There are a lot of new players in the community since V8 dropped so try to be somewhat midnful of that! Give them a chance before you blow your horn. Putin has kindly volunteered to train all new players! If not I guess you could do it aswell?
:D Cheers!
[BigD] Spono
Senior Community admin guy

Filthy Crab

Squad Admin - Senior
Squad Admin
[OC] Clan
Donator
Jan 30, 2016
Rotation was nightmare fuel o_O. Hope to see some more units out there, get together and give it a crack guys, we're here to help!

Mad Max

[xD] Clan
Oct 17, 2016
Australia
There's some good stuff in there, so should be interesting to see it all come together in game!

Also, I'm keen to see how Putin's Boot camp goes :p

(Tk)

Squad Admin
|FORTIS| Clan
Donator
Nov 4, 2016
Finally good work, it was getting rather annoying having fools road pop 3-4 times in an row, it just killed the server with everyone quieting.

Apr 1, 2016
Australia
Gonna reply just to be nice, also the whole claimable asset rules being overlooked in pretty much every game I've been in today, Guess everyone thinks it's greedy or unfair to claim a vehicle all game just for yourself and sqd.

Also I haven't seen a rocket techie once yet :(.

Nov 13, 2016
New Zealand
Awesome thanks for your had work guy's, I'll definitely hop on BigD #3 server later when I play squad if there's a free slot!

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$441.00
Goal
AU$400.00